Ask Us a Question Home Page | Glossary | Favorites | Ask Us a Question Ask Us A Question Home Page | Glossary | Favorites | Ask Us a Question
Search COBRA Insurance QuestionsBrowse by Category
Insurance for Living Abroad
User Opinions (3 votes)
33% thumbs up 66% thumbs down

How would you rate this answer?
Not helpful
Q: My name is Melissa, and I will be living in Mexico beginning in fall 2015. I will be self-employed as a business consultant for a restaurant in Mexico. I will be paid only in the U.S. for my work. Am I eligible for COBRA insurance abroad?

A: COBRA is not an insurance company.

COBRA is a federal law that requires employers with 20 or more employees to offer the continuation of the same group health care coverage after you've voluntarily or involuntarily left your job, or have had your work hours reduced.

Although COBRA is a law, offers COBRA alternatives and other insurance plans. We can help you, and provide some options. Click here for a quote, or call us at 1-877-262-7241 (8am-5pm CST).

Official COBRA Insurance Website

Related Questions
No related questions were found.
No attachments were found.