|Search COBRA Insurance Questions||Browse by Category|
|If I quit my job, do I still qualify for COBRA?|
|User Opinions (48 votes)|
|Thank you for rating this answer. |
Q: If a company is downsizing, and offers an employee lower position with a reduction in salary and that person quits, can the employee be covered under COBRA and for how long?
A: These events apply to the covered employee and their dependants that are covered under the COBRA policy
1. Voluntary or involuntary termination of employment (unless due to gross misconduct)
2. Your working hours have been reduced
These events apply to covered spouses and the dependants.
1. Death of employee.
2. Divorce or legal separation.
3. Loss of dependant status, or when a child comes off of employees insurance due to age or school status.
4. Employee is entitled to Medicare benefits
If your qualifying event is leaving the job you can elect COBRA for up to 18 months.
If you are a healthy person who does not live in NY, NJ, MA, or VT and would be interested in a lower cost Alternative to COBRA please Click Here
|No attachments were found. |